Dedham Savings currently has a full time Overdraft Privilege Specialist position available. Under the direction of the VP of Deposit Operations, performs a variety of operational duties necessary for the effective operation of the Digital Support Area. Candidate serves as subject matter expert for overdraft privilege services and regulatory, monetary, and potential risk impact. The duties for this position are time sensitive, therefore they must be completed within scheduled timeline and in compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Primarily responsible for the daily management of overdraft accounts utilizing the current Electronic Overdraft Case Management program.
- Provide a full range of customer service-oriented telephone, e-mail, and live chat support activities to customers and Bank personnel; greet customers professionally; respond to inquiries of a specific or general nature; determine appropriate response or direction for the caller; issue messages.
- Possesses a strong customer focus and awareness; understand the Bank’s position on deposit risk and regulatory compliance; recognize problems that could have regulatory impact and escalate to appropriate department managers and security officer.
- Download daily Overdraft Monitoring report and complete process according to written procedures.
- Update and maintain account files, including eligibility status and account activity on program participant, produce all correspondence and make necessary contacts relating to the Overdraft accounts. Produce entries to write-off balance and refer to supervisor for approval.
- Contact account holders of overdrawn accounts by phone, mail, etc. to encourage deposit of funds to recover overdrafts
- Coordinate the Overdraft Repayment Plan process with the customer, designated branch personnel, and Loan Operations as needed and maintain the file through the repayment period.
- Notify authorized Bank personnel of accounts at risk to be closed; prepare forms for account charge-offs and reports to collection agency.
- Work with eFunds. Update when payments received, or accounts are charged off.
- Organization skills
- Detail Oriented
- Solid ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in PC skills and MS Office
- Solid analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and tight time constraints.
- Able to work efficiently independently and in a team environment.
- 2+ years, Experience in analysis, financial services industry or business line experience a plus
Dedham Savings is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We at Dedham Savings understand the value of diversity and inclusiveness to our organization. We invite applicants for employment from all backgrounds. Applicants will be considered. without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, disability, Veteran status, recently separated Veterans, gender identity, genetic information, military status, and pregnancy or conditions relating to pregnancy including lactation or the need to express breast milk for a nursing child and all other categories covered by law. As part of our affirmative action program, we ask every applicant to complete a voluntary self-identification form. Please understand that completing this form is voluntary. This information is treated as confidential and will only be used in accordance with our affirmative action program. Please click here to access the Voluntary Self-Identification Form and submit it to the Bank either electronically to email@example.com or along with your resume or application for employment. We thank you for considering Dedham Savings for employment.