Reporting to the Director of IT, Dedham Savings is seeking an Application Delivery and Support Specialist. Responsible for the effective delivery of application support including administration and maintenance of business line and enterprise wide applications, including, but not limited to, the imaging system, the Intranet, the board paper system, file sharing system, and collaboration software.
The duties for this position include:
- Provide delivery and support services for business line and enterprise wide applications (ex. mortgage, commercial lending, imaging, Intranet, file sharing, collaboration)
- Administer, maintain, and monitor database environment including database maintenance tasks, capacity/performance management, and replication to DR site.
- Gain solid understanding of the business process, workflows and data requirements for each supported application.
- Liaise with the business lines on business requirements and potential technology improvements or emerging technology needs. Establish close partnerships with each business line.
- Work with Project Manager to create scope, requirements and detailed designs to meet business needs.
- Document technical specifications, procedures, and other requirements to support each application.
- Plan and develop use-case test plans and perform testing.
- Develop deep understanding of applications, supporting infrastructure, systems integration, and data load activity.
- Administer applications, including design, application configuration, and user management.
- Design, build, test, implement and maintain integrations between the packaged applications and other internal and external applications.
- Work with other IT areas to define application architecture and implement general best practices.
- Help define new business processes; data elements and system change requests.
- Provide on-call support for critical applications.
- Triage problems and resolve issues. Take an active role in the Incident Response and Problem Management processes, representing the application environment. Provide root cause analysis for problems and measures to mitigate future occurrences.
- Proactively monitor application performance, capacity and response times.
- Plan for and apply application software patches.
- Participate in vendor due diligence and perform vendor ongoing monitoring.
- Work with Infrastructure and Network Management, actively manage disaster recovery capabilities, ensuring that replicated applications and data are in a healthy state, prepared for failover. Ensure applications are accounted for in the Business Continuity Plan (BCP). Participate in annual BCP update and testing of the applications based on risk.
- Perform IT risk assessment for applicable applications.
- Retrieve and review application reports and active alerts related to application availability and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or five to ten years of related experience and/or training (technical background in information systems management.)
- Familiarity with system development life cycle and project management best practices
- Advanced knowledge of information technology processes and industry best practices
- Basic knowledge of deposit and loan operations, policies and procedures
- Mastered skills in application support, information technology operations, voice and data communications, troubleshooting techniques, user and software support
- Willingness to gain new knowledge and technical skills
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Dedham Savings is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We at Dedham Savings understand the value of diversity and inclusiveness to our organization. We invite applicants for employment from all backgrounds. Applicants will be considered. without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, disability, Veteran status, recently separated Veterans, gender identity, genetic information, military status, and pregnancy or conditions relating to pregnancy including lactation or the need to express breast milk for a nursing child and all other categories covered by law. As part of our affirmative action program, we ask every applicant to complete a voluntary self-identification form. Please understand that completing this form is voluntary. This information is treated as confidential and will only be used in accordance with our affirmative action program. Please click here to access the Voluntary Self-Identification Form and submit it to the Bank either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or along with your resume or application for employment. We thank you for considering Dedham Savings for employment.