LOAN EASY PAY AGREEMENT
ELECTRONIC BILL PAYMENT SERVICE
AUTHENTICATION AND AUTHORIZATION FOR SERVICE USAGE
- This Service incorporates commercially reasonable methods to authenticate the information that you have supplied for making a payment through this Service. You will not be able to submit a payment until the Service authenticates you, and you will not be allowed to use the Service to make your payments to your loan until you have read these Terms and Conditions and have acknowledged doing so by clicking the “I Accept” button at the bottom of this page.
- As the user of the Service, and upon your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, you will have submitted your banking account (your “Designated Account”) information. You are responsible for any legal, regulatory, or banking penalties and fees that may be assessed for supplying false information to us for use with the Service.
- The Service may be used for payment on both consumer and commercial accounts.
- If the Designated Account is a banking account for your Business, then it must be one for which you are a properly authorized signer.
- By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you authorize Dedham Savings Loan Easy Pay Services to initiate a charge to your Designated Account according to your instructions. Each time you use the Service to pay your Dedham Savings loan, you will be reauthorizing us to charge your Designated Account.
- By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you represent and warrant that:
- You are 18 years old or older;
- You are using your actual identity and any information you provide is accurate and complete;
- You are legally authorized to make payments using your Designated Account;
- Your use of the Service will not violate any local, state, national or international laws or regulations.
DEDHAM SAVINGS LOAN EASY PAY PAYMENT SERVICE
By providing Dedham Savings with the account information for your Designated Account, you authorize us to follow the payment instructions we receive from you through the Service. When you use this Service to send us a payment instruction, you authorize Dedham Savings to initiate a message to your Bank to charge your Designated Account and to send those funds to us for payment on your Dedham Savings Loan account so that we receive the funds as close as reasonably possible from the date indicated by you in the payment instruction. If your payment is received after the due date of the bill, regardless of any cause except for our failure to reasonably process your explicit payment instruction received by us, then you will remain responsible for any late charges and interest assessed, the same as if you mailed your payment to us and we received it after the due date. This would be true even if you are unable to access the system due to problems with the Internet, or our servers being temporarily unavailable. Therefore, we recommend that you instruct the Service to initiate each payment to us at least four (4) business days before the actual due date. (Business days are Monday through Friday, except for federal banking holidays). If you use the Service to send us your payment instructions after 6:00 P.M. (Eastern Time Zone) on a business day, then the Service will treat your instruction as if it was received on the following business day. It is the day we receive payment from you, and not the day we receive your instructions, that determines whether your payment was timely received.
Upon completion of the payment transaction, you will receive an acknowledgement of the payment request. You may print this acknowledgement or make note of the unique reference ID.
If you are an Online Banking customer, you agree that we may communicate with you by electronic means regarding the accounts you maintain with us and designate for use with the Services. This means that we may send you electronic messages regarding your account or the Services. These messages may include any disclosures or notices required by applicable federal or state law or regulation. For example, if you assert an electronic transaction error in your account, we may communicate the results of our investigation to you via the e-mail feature within the Services. You should check your e-mail messages within the Services regularly to ensure that you have received any important information about your account or the Services. You will be deemed to have received any information, including any required disclosure or notice, as of the date we transmit such information to you. If your account is a joint account, we will consider our electronic communication to one owner as communication to all account owners. All communications in either electronic or paper format are considered “in writing.”
If sufficient funds are not available on the funding date, the loan payment will be cancelled, and you will be responsible for any late payment-related charges or fees. You will also be solely responsible for any overdraft or related fees charged by the financial institution where the Funding Account is located.
CANCELLING THE SERVICE:
You may use the Service to cancel or edit a future-dated payment prior to 6:00P.M. Eastern Time on the business day preceding the Transaction Date. If you need to edit or cancel a future-dated payment to occur on the Transaction Date, you may also contact us at 781-329-6700, ext. 7391, during business hours. We will not be responsible for payments that are not cancelled in a timely fashion and in accordance with these instructions.
We reserve the right to terminate the Service or use of the Service at any time. If we terminate your use of the Service, you must pay your Dedham Savings loan bill in another manner.
If there is a dispute regarding the Service, you agree to resolve the dispute in accordance with the dispute resolution procedures and governing law as outlined on your Loan Billing Statement.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
The Bank is not responsible for any failure to complete or delay in completing any payment due to any of the following:
- Your Funding Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the payment, or the charge is rejected or returned by your bank or financial institution.
- Your Funding Account is closed.
- Your equipment, software, or any communications link is not working.
- The Service is down, and you are aware of or we informed you of the problem before you tried to authorize the payment.
- You have provided us with incorrect information about the Funding Account.
- Circumstances beyond our control (e.g., fire, flood, or interference from an outside source) preventing or delaying the transfer or payment from being completed.
The Bank is not responsible for any electronic virus or viruses that you may encounter. We strongly suggest that you routinely scan your personal computer using a virus protection product. An undetected virus may corrupt and destroy your programs, files, and hardware.
SPECIAL RULES FOR BUSINESS CUSTOMERS:
The Bank permits certain business customers to use this Service. For those customers, certain provisions of this Agreement do not apply. Therefore, if you are a corporation, partnership, limited liability company, sole proprietor, or other business entity, please note the following:
1. The time limits and other requirements relating to our responses to your billing error notices (as described in “In Case of Errors or Questions” section) do not apply;
2. We will not be liable for any losses or damages you may incur through the Service unless they are the result of our gross negligence or willful misconduct; and
3. For Enrolled Users, we shall be entitled to rely on the apparent authority of any person who accesses the Service using your User ID and Password. Except as otherwise provided by law, you will indemnify the Bank and hold it harmless for any loss or expense caused by any person who accesses the Service using your User ID and Password
These Terms and Conditions are the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement regarding the Services between you and Dedham Savings. These terms and conditions supersede any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications between you and Dedham Savings relating to the Service. If there is a conflict between what a Dedham Savings employee tells you and the terms of this document, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
You should print and retain this document for safekeeping and reference it at any time during usage of the Service.