Information Security – A Partnership in Information Protection
What We Do
We employ industry-proven standards and technologies to protect information in our environment:
- We protect our systems and networks from the Internet with Firewall systems.
- We employ Intrusion Detection software, and monitor for unauthorized access.
- We maintain and selectively review activity logs, to prevent unauthorized activities from occurring within our computing environment.
- We use encryption technology to protect certain sensitive information that is transmitted over the Internet.
- We control access to your information inside our company by limiting employee access to systems and data based on business requirements.
- We build Information Security into our systems and networks by following our Information Security Policy and Standards. These documents are based on internationally respected security standards, applicable laws and regulations, and industry-based ‘best practices’.
- We provide Information Security awareness courses and materials to our employees, to educate and motivate them in applying our Information Security Policy and Standards to their job every day.
- Our employees are responsible for upholding our Information Security policy and standards.
Your contribution is important to protect the security of your access to our services. You can help prevent unauthorized access by following these security tips:
- Protect your user ID (user name) or password, by keeping it unique and known only to you. These are keys for accessing your information on our system. Please protect them.
- Choose a password that is at least 8 characters, a combination of letters and numbers, and difficult to guess. Avoid using an easily guessed password such as a word found in the dictionary, your name, your significant other’s name, your pet’s name, or your birthday.
- Avoid writing your password in a place where others can view it.
- Use the “LOGOUT” button to log out from Future Bank Online upon completion of your transactions on the Web site and close your browser software. Upon log out, you will receive a message confirming that you have successfully logged out. Failure to log out could endanger the security of your personal information by potentially allowing others using the same computer to access information saved or cached in the memory of the browser.
In the event that you believe that an unauthorized person has accessed your account, we require you to inform us as soon as possible. Please contact us at (781) 329-6700.
The activities described herein are subject to change without notice, but we intend to update this Security Statement and include new tips when it is appropriate and helpful to you.